Friday, March 25, 2011

Missing In Action...


It's only been about 15 months since I last posted in December of 2009... Where did the time go?

Like most working moms it's been tough juggling a full-time job, two kids and a busy social life...NOT! And I've been distracted by other things like trashy romance novels on my 'new' Kindle for the last few months so something has to give, right?

While I haven't exactly been diligent about posting on my blog, I have been trying different recipes. My recent attempts have included:

Tiny Urban Kitchen's Red Bean Mochi Cake (nian gao)

Williams-Sonoma's posting of CUT Restaurant's Mac 'n' Cheese

and even a healthy food option, in my attempt to use my overstock of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats, some Oatmeal Muffins from Food.com which turned out dense and dry because I mistakenly substituted the oil for apple sauce in hopes of cutting back on the 'fat'. Big mistake! The muffins sit on my counter as I type this, unnoticed and neglected by my kids and my husband.

I haven't forgotten my other vice. My good friend recently chauffeured me to Livermore to pick up some wines. While we were there, we made the best decision ever by stopping at the First Street Alehouse for lunch. I have to say, that was the best lunch I've had in a long time because the moon, sun and earth were all aligned for us to enjoy a great Friday afternoon off from work in good spring-like weather in the company of evil fried seafood, yummy beer, and a great friend! Life doesn't get much better than that!

I'd like to promise that I will visit again soon with more updates on my cooking exploits, so hang tight friends! More news to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment